We get a lot of queries from those who are interested in learning music production but do not have the requisite tools required for the same at their homes. So here we have listed below the hardware components required for a Windows PC systems to enable you to create professional music as of the year 2020.
- The latest gaming processors from Intel or AMD. Nothing less or your computer will hang frequently causing a lot of frustration!
- 16 GB ram minimum (again the more the better)
- 2 – 4 Tb internal hard drive as well as 500 GB or more SSD Drive.
- Fairly large computer screen (preferably LED for less strain on eyes)
- 2 – 4 TB Hard Drive (We will fill up your hard drive with samples, plugins and vsts). We will also fill up your hard drive with the best sound libraries, samples, virtual musical instruments and the best mixing, mastering and music production softwares in the world. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A FREE SERVICE! Call on 98206 07875 for the cost for the same.
- Midi Controller Keyboard.
- Studio Monitors Nearfield or Mid Field (Yamaha, KRK or any other make. You could even use the existing speaker setup that you have at your home provided you are familiar with what your favourite music sounds like when using them).
- A good pair of studio monitoring headphones.
- A good audio interface / preamp. Focus Rite Scarlett 212 or Audient’s id4 is a good one for beginners.
- A good condenser Microphone and Mic stand. Dont forget the Microphone stand and a pop filter.
- Good quality Cables.
Most important: A separate room or bedroom (treated if preferable) inside your house to create music without loud car honking, babies, parents, cats or dogs around!
Visit our ecommerce section for all your music hardware needs.
That’s about it! Welcome to the world of music production. Fame and success can be yours provided you put in days and nights of efforts. If you are a fresher, it will take you about 6 months of sustained hard work to start creating music that sounds like that of a pro. If you are willing to make that effort, please get back to us. If you are not willing to put in the effort, you are just wasting your time and money!
Click here to know more about our – music production course.
Note: We like to be a one stop shop for music production so that our students can get on with the sweet stuff – making music. To get the headache of hardware out of your way, our hardware technician will come to your home and assemble your PC and all other music-hardware for you if you’d like. Just give us a call and we will take care of everything.